Friday, April 3, 2009

Hail to the Rooster!

So they can't much fly, but there's something about roosters in the air right now. You'll see why in a moment.

(Photo credit to one of The Film Official's operatives, at a recent arts fair.)


Really, don't underestimate this male bird's significance. For, a rooster is ...

A killer (moderate pun intended) song:



A bringer of luck, at least to one character in this book I'm reading:


A player in a confounding riddle:



... and -- and, ya know, this is where the whole "film" thing comes in -- the name of a character in (reportedly) the Coen Brothers' next film*:

*Next, after this one, coming in '09.


Now, for sake of full disclosure -- and I'm hoping this doesn't prompt the revocation of my Film Nerd Card: I haven't seen the original True Grit. Just not a John Wayne* guy. Love the dude's (or, I guess, The Duke's) airport, though.

*His real name was Marion Morrison? How did I not know this?

No comments:

Post a Comment